Become A Mentor
Becoming a Mentor
VPMMA is looking for passionate mentors and leaders to volunteer and help Veterans, Service Members, and Military Spouses advance their professional project manager careers.
Qualifications include having:
- Dedication to volunteer 2 – 6 hours per month to help Veterans and aspiring project managers
- At least five years of professional experience in a project/program/portfolio management leadership role
- Credential from a project management certification (e.g., PMP®, PRINCE2®, PgMP®) or academic program; or an additional two years professional work experience
- Empathy and a connection (direct or indirect) to those that have served
Benefits to being a Mentor:
- Give back to a community that served
- Improve your coaching, leadership, active listening, and communication, skills
- Raise the project management community’s talent
- Directly help individuals grow with renewed purpose and unleash their potential
What to Expect
After creating a profile and joining the VPMMA community, you will see additional pages and engagement opportunities after you Sign In. For example, you may:
- Have mentees directly contact within the platform to begin a 1:1 mentoring relationship. Durations and meeting cadences are determined between you and your mentee, which may range from a single call to discuss key questions, or you could set up a series over a 6-month cycle to unpack themes and big ideas.
- Elect to participate in a quarterly cohort program to help guide a small group of mentees
- Lead a monthly learning event for the community to share your expertise
- Join discussion groups and offer advice, best practices, or strengthen your skills.
Reference materials will be provided to help guide your mentoring approach. Your profile information will not be shared. There is no financial cost to join or participate since VPMMA is a non-profit primarily funded by corporate grants and foundations.
If this sounds like you, please Click the button below.