Become A Mentor
Becoming a Mentor
We are teaming Project Management Industry Leaders with Veterans who are working to grow Civilian Project Management careers for Service Members, Veterans, and Military Spouses.
Our Co-Founders and Board of Directors have given us insight into the needs of the transitioning Veteran. Our Partners have in place training programs to prepare Veterans for Project Management Certification and entry into the job market.
This Mentoring Program is an additional step to give Veterans the tools and opportunities to become successful civilian project managers. Mentoring gives you one-on-one access to get insights and advice to grow and accelerate your Project Management career.
What to Expect
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Mentor for VPMMA.
The program connects veterans looking for professional growth on their PM path and mentors with deep knowledge and experience navigating their own career journeys.
Mentorship is a rewarding commitment that will give you the opportunity to guide and inspire our nation’s veterans in reaching their goals and objectives in becoming or growing as project managers.
An ideal mentor is someone who:
- Has prior connection to the military (i.e.; personal, family, peer, friend) OR a passion to work with our veterans
- Has 5yr+ program/project/PMO experience either hands on or in a leadership position
- Holds a Professional PM credential or degree such as PMP®, PRINCE2®, PgMP® (or equivalent education or experience)
- Can make a six month commitment to the program, dedicating 2 – 6 hours per month providing coaching and guidance
- Is able to use the Qooper Mentoring Platform to facilitate the Mentor/Mentee relationship
- Completes the VPMMA on-line training “The Mentorship Journey and Best Practices”
- Will offer feedback through surveys and guided discussions
- Passion to help our mentoring community, such as by engaging in online discussions and events
If this sounds like you, please Click the button below.